Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Zax

Is it just me or does it seem like every time you turn on the radio, the TV, or pick up a newspaper "Partisan Politics" smacks you in the face? Partisan this, Filibuster that, Democrats debate, Republicans refute.


Yeah.
So, I couldn't help but giggle to myself as I read this yesterday. Have you seen it? Remember it from childhood?

A quick summary:

One day, in the prairie of Prax, came a North-Going Zax and a South-Going Zax. And it happened that both of them came to a place where they bumped. There they stood. Foot to foot. Face to face.


"Look here, now! " said the North-Going Zax. "I say! You are blocking my path! You are right in my way. I'm a North-Going Zax and I always go north. Get out of my way now at let me go forth!"
"Who's in whose way?" snapped the South-Going Zax. "I always go south making south-going tracks. So you're in MY way! "

Then the North-Going Zax puffed up his chest with pride. "I never," he said, "take a step to one side. And I'll prove to you that I won't change my ways if I have to keep standing here fifty-nine days."

I bet you can guess where this is going.

Yep, those two silly, stubbon Zax go right on standing there in each other's way.

"Never budge! That's my rule! Never budge in the least! Not an inch to the west! Not an inch to the east! I'll stay here, not budging! I can and I will if it makes you and me and the whole world stand still."

Yeah. Those Zax.

Here's hoping we don't have to build a Zax ByPass over Congress.

0 comments: