Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Okay, okay. So it's the sick-and-twisted side of me that is posting this in honor of Valentine's Day. But I just think it's hilarious.

I've had this little piece of torn newspaper sitting in my desk for years and every time I unearth it, I crack up. I'll never forget sitting, holding hands with my husband (then fiance), eating an ice cream cone, and laughing hysterically when we read this.

Yeah, it's a little dark. But mostly I think it's a reminder that love -- true, deep, partnership kind of love -- isn't about the sappy stuff. It's about the decision -- a decision you make every day -- to love and be loved. Dontcha think?

Anyway, roses, chocolates and a Valentine don't hurt either. Here's hoping you get everything you want this Valentine's Day. :)

1 comments:

Sizzle said...

I love this. :-)