Thursday, February 25, 2010

Craft In America


My mom is a great Finder. She finds good stuff. All the time. And, frequently, she's finding things on PBS and that are heart-stoppingly awesome.

Last year she turned me onto the PBS series Craft In America. It's not new news -- the series has been out for a while -- but if you haven't seen it... well, I can't recommend it more highly.

You can purchase the series (like I did for Mom at Christmas) in DVD format or comprised as a beautiful coffee table book. Or PBS has kindly made the series available online for free. Watch it here.


For me, watching the series was inspiring in a life-changing sort of way. Granted, I am someone who lives in the world of craft, but I think there's something for everyone in these amazing stories.

My favorite portion, of course, was the section on Julie Chen, the amazing book artist. Find a quick summary here. Or watch the whole segment on Julie in the "Process" chapter of Craft in America.

Enjoy. You'll be inspired.

0 comments: