Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pretty Liners


I spent my evening cutting pretty liners for some new boxes of letterpress notes. (Well, that and watching Lost.)

This liner is particularly close to my heart, as it's the first print of chiyogami I ever purchased... which was about fourteen years ago while living in Japan.

I'd wandered into this beautiful store in Kyoto filled, floor to ceiling, with paper. The way my heart went pitter-patter, I should have known then that paper would be a big part of my future. (Sadly, I didn't figure out the paper connection for a while.)


Anyway! Here's the liner. The liner I first found over a dozen years ago, bought just one sheet, quietly rolled up and stuck in my backpack. Flash forward to today, and dozens of sheets are being shipped to me from Japan as we speak, in a package filled with tons of paper goodness.

These little babies are going in the new online shop this morning. Pick yours up here.


0 comments: