Friday, November 13, 2009

Use What You've Got

I'm listening to the audio version of this book as I pack up some wholesale orders this morning.

Originally, I picked it up at the library because Barbara Corcoran (you may recognize her from Shark Tank or her appearances on The Today Show), is actually a personal friend of my godmother, Enid, who worked as a broker in Ms. Corcoran's real estate empire for years.


Enid has told me many funny stories about Barbara (should I call her that?) and, in sum, she's clearly one of the smartest, funniest, spunkiest women you'd like to know. Not to mention, it's inspiring to hear how she started a billion dollar empire with only $1,000. Yep, $1,000 she borrowed from a friend.


And how much to I love her title: "Use What You've Got: And Other Business Lessons I Learned From My Mom."

Because, isn't it so true... Mom is the smartest person we know.

0 comments: