Monday, November 23, 2009

Little Boy Cars



Over the weekend we worked on a little remodel in our son's bedroom. Yes, the momentous switch from crib to
Big Boy Bed. Exciting, indeed.

I mention it here because of these darling little sheets which are a central component to the big change. My little guy is, shall we say, OBSESSED with model cars. I know, I know, you're thinking, "My son (nephew, brother, grandson, etc.) likes little cars too."

No. It's not like that.

It's a clear, clean obsession. Some children have a blankie that soothes them, some maybe a teddy bear. My child has a yellow Hot Wheel he clutches to his chest while he slumbers.

I digress.

Back to the sheets. Aren't they cute? And so much like the Pottery Barn set for which I just couldn't bear to plunk down $50. Needless to say, I was thrilled when Grammy found these for a fraction of the price at T.J. Maxx. Go Grammy.

(I'm getting to the point. I promise.)

My heart also sang when I saw these little sheets because they reminded me of a long-ago-filed-away sketch I'd done of little cars like these. My plan was to create a custom stationery set for a my friend's son. Can't you see it... a row of little cars running across the top of the card with "Aidan" or "Benjamin" or "Your Buddy's Name Here" all in letterpress. And I'd forgotten about it until I saw the sheets.

The press is ready, the sketch is out = cuties coming soon.

{If you look closely at photo #2, you can see Ben's profile on the pillow... deep in concentration lining up his Hot Wheels on the windowsill.}

0 comments: