Thursday, November 19, 2009

Snowflakes



My last post revealed that I can, well, sometimes resent the snow. There can be a lot of it here in Bend. And I'm not just saying that. I mean A LOT.

However, when I'm not dwelling on the sheer volume of it, I can appreciate its beauty. The snow where I grew up was much, shall we say, "wetter" (thus the nickname, "Sierra Cement") than here. It fell in globs, not whispering flakes.


In Central Oregon the snow is more like dry powder -- so much that you can see the individual crystalline shapes of the flakes as they fall on your jacket.


It was that first experience actually seeing the intricacy of little snowflakes with my naked eye that inspired one of this year's holiday cards. Well, that and Eckhart Tolle. I discovered The Zen proverb on the front of the cards in his A New Earth.

Everyone needs a little Zen in her life... especially around the holidays... right?

2 comments:

Sizzle said...

Can you make a card that quotes my friend Rachel? She's famous for saying, "Snow is like a penis. If it isn't six inches, there's no point."

Too crass? ;-)

Simple Ink said...

Ha! :)