Monday, March 1, 2010

Wishin' & Hopin'

For more than a year now, we've been looking for a new home for our little family and for Simple Ink. It feels like a long search. A few times I've gotten my hopes up... but things haven't quite fallen into place.

Then, on my birthday last Friday, the most perfectest place of all came up. In need of love (cleaning, painting, hole-filling, water damage fixing... oh, and some appliances), but on a nice quiet street where Ben can learn to ride a bike. And, ah, those three lovely windows in the garage. So perfect for a printing studio.


The catch is that we're not the only ones who thought it was the perfectest place ever. Someone else did too. Two someones. We won't know until the end of the week who is the lucky winner. A week of pins and needles... in a race where I'm pretty sure we're the underdogs.


I don't like to ask things of you, dear readers. But if you'd say a little prayer for me and my little nest, well, I'd truly appreciate it.

Update, 3-2-10: Thanks, everyone, for all of the lovely calls and messages. No news yet -- hopefully we'll know by Friday. I so appreciate the good thoughts!

Update, 3-5-10: Things are looking good! Won't know for sure until next week, but things are looking good. :)

Update, 3-9-10: Thanks to all of your good thoughts and wishes, it looks like Simple Ink may have a new home soon. I SO appreciate the outpouring of happy thoughts. Will keep you posted.

1 comments:

Sizzle said...

Wishin' and hopin' for you! It sounds wonderful.

Sometimes the underdogs win. :-)