Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Little Grammar... a Little Fun.



This grammar poster I discovered yesterday by The Oatmeal kind of made my day. Maybe I thought it was so funny because, well, I've never been great with the darned semicolon. Or maybe it's because, if I didn't run Simple Ink, I'd like to be an English teacher.

There is more to the poster beyond what I've shown above and there are many more great ones -- some grammar related, some just plain funny. (Like 10 Things You Need to Stop Tweeting About and How to Tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You.) Buy the semicolon poster here.

Also important to note is that I discovered The Oatmeal via a great piece of advice (given my awsome blogger Melissa of ISLY) as part of a very cool Blog and Business Workshop being hosted by the lovely Marta, of martawrites.

If you're a blogger... or a small business owner... or both... seriously check out all of the wonderful information Marta is offering as part of her workshop. It has become my little guilty pleasure checking on her updates every day this week.

{images courtesy of The Oatmeal}

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

In 1905, The Russians had their first revolution (not as widely known as the one ten years later) which was caused by semicolons.

The printers in St. Petersburg went on strike, demanding to be paid the same for punctuation marks as for letters.

They won. True Story.

PJH